Monday, July 23, 2012

The Bottom Line

Girls are always making lists. Like, "My husband will always open the door for me, kiss me goodnight, tell me I'm pretty at least 18 times a day, and bring me flowers spontaneously 13 times a month. Oh. And on Wednesdays we wear pink."
She is a high maintenance girl.

I kind-of don't think about my list for my honey-smoochie-pie that often, mostly because I don't need to. I'm not getting married for like, 6 years, so it's not something I need to worry about now. However, I actually thought about this today for a second, and I would like to record some of the things that are important to me that my husband will know/do/say/whatever. Ehm....

....So I just wrote them down and it's a long list and that's kinda not the point of this blog post. The point is that there is one thing that is above all on the importance scale to me. And that is that....

My husband needs to go with me to Africa.


But wait, there's more.

Africa is a big commitment. My husband needs to want to go to Africa. I would so love it if he wanted to go even before I told him that I did, if it was something he'd dreamed of even before he met me.

It kinda isn't enough for me if he just wants to go because I do and he wants to be with me. I know that sounds bratty but it's actually not. Listen. I don't want someone to make that huge decision and then regret it. And want to go home. And resent me for dragging him off to Africa. That is the opposite of what I want.

At the same time, if a boy I'm dating doesn't want to go to Africa. even won't go to Africa, there's no way that that relationship will get very far.

Africa is what I want. If that's not what you want then you are not what I want, and I am not what you want.

And that, my friends, is the bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment