Sunday, December 11, 2011

Heavenly Father loves me

The title "Heavenly Father loves me" was not the original title of this blog. It was "underachieved." However as I was writing I realized (again) how true this new title is. This post was originally very whiny and "woe is me" and just rather annoying and mopey. However, as I wrote about how underachieved I felt I was, I realized how blessed I truly am, and I would like to share some examples of my many blessings with you....
  1. When I was in middle school I got chosen from the audience to help with the dolphin show. My mom had asked up front where we should sit so it was more likely that we would get chosen, and the nice ticket lady told us in a conspiratorial whisper where to go. She cautioned us that it was not guaranteed, but Heavenly Father knew that it would make me happy so I got chosen.
  2. I have my family.
  3. I got an internship at NIH
  4. I got another internship that, even though I didn't like it very much, sure looks good on a resume.
  5. I wanted a secretary's job, and I got offered one. I didn't even need to interview for it.
  6. When I was beyond broke, I was at the airport coming home. I had sold back my textbooks but at two different times, so I ended up with like, $66 or something. All I know is that one of the bills was a $50 and I didn't want to break a $50, so I didn't. So there I was, with only a 50 dollar bill and a few spare coins in my vera, and lo and behold one of my bags was overweight. There was no way I could fit my stuff elsewhere so I owed the airline....you guessed it- 50 bucks. I know that was no coincidence.
  7. I got a wonderful nannying job that was in DC, and I got to live in my favorite city five days every week. I have always wanted to get to know DC better, and Heavenly Father knew that so He gave me this wonderful job.
  8. My attitude towards money and spending completely changed in the past four months. I know that it is because Heavenly Father wants me to be wise, and so He helped me make the necessary adjustments.
  9. My car isn't working (but is currently in the shop and will be better by Monday!) and so I never had to pay for gas. I didn't need a car for my job.
  10. For groceries during the week I would put whatever I wanted on the list for the online grocery shop M+M used. Tressa, the nanny before me, said that she never went over $30, and that it was always enough. So I took that advice, and there is so much food you can get for under 30 dollars! This was excellent bc Heavenly Father knows that I have a hard time with managing grocery shopping. Now I know exactly how things add up and it has been a real blessing for me.
I know that I get these blessings because I pray. Prayer is a very simple but powerful thing. A couple years back there was a Sunday when the topic for Sacrament Meeting was prayer. I was profoundly impacted by the words spoken. It was a different take on prayer than I had ever thought.

Prayer is supposed to be meaningful and very personal. It's your special time with the God who made this Earth, the animals you adore, the stars in the sky, the air you breathe and the heart that pumps that oxygen to the rest of your body. He is a very busy man, but He always has time for you. He loves us, and that is sometimes very hard to do I am sure.

But He loves hearing from us. He wants to know how our day went, what we think about our classes and the weather. He smiles when we are kind and thoughtful towards others. He just loves us, and that is such a wonderful thing.

I am not the best with words, so it is sometimes hard for me to answer questions about my beliefs. However I would just like to state that I know the church is true. I know that when I pay my tithing and help out in Primary and read my scriptures that I am doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do. 

I know that God exists, and not only that but that He loves me and you very much. He is the best daddy anyone could ever ask for, so we are really very lucky. I know that as long as I pray and work hard that everything will turn out the way it is supposed to.

I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book and I know that anyone who reads it and prays about it sincerely can know that same thing.

I know that Jesus died for us and that He is the nicest older brother. I know that forgiveness is attainable and that the Atonement is for everyone.

I know that even though there are some people who get away with terrible crimes here on this Earth, they will not escape the justice of God when the time comes, and that comforts me but also motivates me to be better, because I am not perfect.

I know that sometimes life is tough, but that is not because He wants us to hurt.

I know that we can always ask Him for help, and help will always always come, because Heavenly Father didn't send us here and simply forget about us.

We are important to Him.
We matter to Him.
He loves to talk with us.
He loves us more than we know.


And I love Him too <3

No comments:

Post a Comment