Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ready? Heck yes.

Ok so I have been thinking a lot about college lately, as you can prolly tell from the multiple posts dedicated to the subject, and at first I was really worried. My first one or two years in a new school is never good for me. It takes me awhile to get into the groove of things, and this is the reason for my hatred of 6th grade and 9th and 10th grade. I just didn't like them.

For the longest time I didn't get why this was such an issue for me, and I feared that my first couple years of college would be marred with the same bad transitioning that was fast becoming my trademark. Then it dawned on me like, three days ago. Pay close attention.

The reason those years sucked was because I wasn't ready for them.

In 5th grade, I had a ton of great friends. I did not want to move on to middle school, and I was absolutely not ready for 6th grade. In 8th grade, I loved my life. I had fabulous friends, a guaranteed leading role in every play, I was absolutely first chair flute, and school was easy. I was absolutely not ready for high school and all the huge changes that came with it. I wasn't ready to lose friends to other schools and other cliques. I wasn't ready to not be the best in band and choir and drama. I wasn't ready to be shoved into classes filled with seniors and sophomores and juniors. I wasn't ready to make almost all new friends. Simply put, I wasn't ready.

The big difference between me then and me now is that I am finally ready. I don't know of another time in my life that I have been more ready for a change. I am so done with high school. I'm having fun, and I love my friends and I will miss them, but I know they feel the same way that I do. It's time for us to move. To discover ourselves. To step outside of our tight circle that we have belonged to all our lives. We are ready. I wanna graduate already!

My attitude is also fueled by my desire to not be anything like a certain person, so I would have to give props to someone who I shall call Pollin Carker. This boy is the very essence of not being ready. He graduated last year, but it is kinda hard to tell because he is always back for something. It's like, dude, you're in college. Stop hanging around high school. I feel like out-of-state schools were made for people like him. If only he would take advantage of them....

Anyway. I am so excited for college, and even though it is 10 months away, time flies when you're having fun, so here comes the time of my life :)

1 comment: