Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Some things never change

And while this is sometimes a bad thing, it is not in this post!

This Friday (written October 17th, 2011) I came home, ate dinner, and frantically ran around grabbing blankets and BenKetty and then I got in the car and went with my parents, brothers, and this lovely lady named Stephanie to the Alonzo Stagg Hike. It is an annual 50 mile hike and I haven't gone in a couple years. The furthest I've gone was 16.7 miles, and that was with Gina in 7th grade. The Alonzo Stagg is a very fun thing if you do it with the right people, even if the elements are not cooperating. Example, one year it was raining like I'm sure it rained in Noah's time. You also will hear rather suspicious splashing sounds. People will tell you its beavers but honestly, I'm 26% certain its the mafia dumping bodies.

This year I was manning a station with my mother. We were freezing and in front of this old, almost definitely haunted house and this canal with an extremely creepy ferry boat. Aren't my Friday nights a blast?? No actually it was really fun, but all that is true. I did nottt appreciate that stupid house. Mom and I chatted and sang and read our Nancy Drew for the Nancy Drew Mystery Story Hour. Ecoli Emishi was currently running the entire hike so she could not stop to sing for us. Too bad.

We got home a little after 7am and I promptly slept till 3ish. I am still tired. Once I was all showered and make-uped Gina came over and we made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for our family for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment